As of December 2016, Joe Callahan began what we coined his ‘semi-retirement’. He remained working part-time over the course of 2017, usually working half days. But as of Friday, September 22, 2017, Joe will work his last official day at Callahan & Galloway and enter ‘full-retirement’. His jovial spirit, steadfast dedication, and expertise will be greatly missed.
In honor & appreciation of his service to Callahan & Galloway, I wanted to list a few life lessons Joe Callahan bestowed upon me during the 8 years I was fortunate enough to work for him.
- Never underestimate the power of a good joke.
- Assume positive intent.
- Always hold the ‘s’ when calling in regard to a matter.
- Take chances on people that deserve a chance.
- When the situation calls for it, ‘Plunge like your life depends on it.’
- Travel often.
- Always stay in touch with family and value old friendships.
- The word, judgment, does not have an extra ‘e’, but maintEnance does.
- Stick to your guns, but acquiesce when necessary.
- Good service makes for repeat customers.
- And always make eye contact when you’re toasting.
Cheers to you Joe Callahan! You will be dearly missed.